As announced last Friday, everyone who buys an iPhone 4 through September 30th, is eligible for a free case. But there are some limits. For iPhone 4 purchases made before July 23, 2010, you must apply no later than August 22, 2010; otherwise, you must apply within 30 days of your iPhone 4 purchase.
The cases available are the "bumper" type (pictured), but in black only, and slightly more stylish "skins" from Belkin, Griffen, Incase and Speck.
To get your free iPhone 4 case, follow these steps:
- Download the iPhone 4 Case Program app from the App Store.
- Launch the app on your iPhone 4 and sign in using your iTunes Store account or Apple ID.
- Select your Bumper or case.
According to the iPhone 4 Case app, the delivery estimate is 3-5 weeks for each of the cases. If you're having "death grip" problems and want something sooner, this is a cute alternative to tide you over.
You can can also get a refund if you already purchased a bumper for your iPhone 4, including any taxes and shipping fees.
According to Apple:
- If you bought your bumper directly from Apple by credit card, Apple should have already refunded your account. It may take up to one billing cycle for the refund to appear.
- If you paid cash, check, or gift card at an Apple retail store you must return to the store with your receipt by September 30, 2010, to get your refund.
- If you paid by gift card on the Apple Online Store, Apple will automatically mail you a new gift card for the refund amount.
- If you bought from an AT&T store, Apple will reimburse you for the purchase price of your iPhone 4 bumper. Just fill out this rebate coupon and mail it to Apple by September 30, 2010.