Today and tomorrow, June 12-13, 2009, TV broadcasters will be shutting down their analog signals and moving to digital. For many people there will be no interruption in service, but even if you already have an HDTV you may need to rescan for channel changes.
Those that do not need to take action include:
- Cable subscribers
- Satellite TV subscribers that have a local TV package from their satellite provider
- FiOS subscribers
Those that need to take action include:
- Analog TV owners using an antenna
- HDTV owners using an antenna
- Satellite TV subscribers that use an antenna for local broadcast channels
If you have trouble with installation or reception, there are 3 ways to get help.
- Log on to DTV.gov
- Call 1-888-CALL-FCC (888-225-5322)
- Go to a local support service center. There’s a list at www.dtv.gov/dtv_resources.htm